What is Risotto?
Risotto is a creamy Italian rice dish that is perfect for a cold winter night! It's typically made with arborio rice, that originates from Northern Italy. The reason why it's so loved is that it's extra starchy which gives it its flavor. But because arborio rice isn't always a staple in everyone's pantry, we decided to substitute with basmati rice And although the rice is a little different, we came up with a delicious alternative to your standard risotto! Keep in mind you can use any rice that you have on hand, you will just have to monitor the cooking times.
Risotto made simple!
Risotto is typically made with loads of parmesan, that's why Popcorn Powder's Rosemary Parmesan topping is the perfect addition to making this risotto! We made this risotto plain and simple, but that doesn't mean it's lacking in taste! Besides using rice that you probably have at home, we got rid of the need o mess with lots of different seasonings! Popcorn Powder's Rosemary Parmesan topping is already made with all the seasonings you'll need including garlic and rosemary! Just add some salt and pepper and you're ready to go! Get ready to turn your ordinary rice into something gourmet!
Rosemary Parmesan "Risotto" Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons of Popcorn Powder Rosemary Parmesan topping
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
Rosemary Parmesan "Risotto" Directions:
- In a medium sized pot, melt butter on low, then add rice.
- Coat rice with butter.
- Mix in Rosemary Parmesan topping, salt and pepper.
- Add water and vegetable broth, peas and green onion.
- Turn temperature up and bring to a boil.
- Be sure to continue stirring so it doesn't stick
- Once it reaches a boil, turn the temperature back down to low and allow to simmer.
- It's important to continually stir, so that the parmesan doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Set the timer for 12 minutes.
- Be sure to keep cooking if need be until rice reaches a soft consistency.
- The key is to keep stirring! Serve immediately.
This can easily be eaten alone, or make it as a side the next time you're making fish or chicken!
For more Popcorn Powder ideas & recipes, click here!