Banana Bread Heaven!
I know what you're thinking...great, another delicious banana bread recipe! But that's where you'd be wrong! This banana bread is obviously delicious, but it has a secret ingredient that takes it from delicious to heavenly! Our secret ingredient is Popcorn Powder's Cinnamon Bun topping! Made with cinnamon, brown sugar, sugar and buttermilk powder, this topping is the perfect blend to add to your recipes. So let's see how it takes this ordinary banana bread into something extraordinary!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large bananas)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Bun topping
1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 cup Cinnamon Bun topping
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9' x 5' loaf/bread pan and set aside.
- Place the softened butter and sugars into a blender and mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir gently.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in the Cinnamon Bun topping and salt.
- In batches add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Add a layer to the bottom of your loaf pan, then sprinkle a layer Cinnamon Bun topping on top.
- Cover with another layer of banana bread, then add an additional layer of Cinnamon Bun topping on top.
- Add final layer of banana bread.
- Bake for approximately 45 - 60 min. depending on oven. If banana bread is getting too dark, gently tent with foil.
- To check that's it's done, stick a wooden skewer or toothpick in the middle. It should come out clean and not wet.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Enjoy this for breakfast, dessert, or an after school snack!
For more ideas on how to use Popcorn Powder toppings, check out our recipes!