What's a Snickerdoodle?
Ever wonder, what in the world is a snickerdoodle anyways? Well according to Wikipedia, they are also known as Sugar Cookies, but what makes snickerdoodles, snickerdoodles is that they are rolled in cinnamon & sugar!
Next Level Snickerdoodle Recipe!
So how do you take your average snickerdoodle to the next level? It's easy! We use Popcorn Powder's Cinnamon Bun topping! Made with cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, sugar & buttermilk powder! Your ordinary snickerdoodle just got extraordinary!
Snickerdoodles have a unique look. They are cracked on the top, but soft and moist on the inside. They take a little bit of love, but are so worth it!
Cinnamon Bun Snickerdoodle Recipe:
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Popcorn Powder's Cinnamon Bun Topping
1 tbsp cinnamon
Cinnamon Bun Snickerdoodle Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and Popcorn Powder topping.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend until creamy.
- In batches, add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Roll small balls (about 1 inch) and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, gently press in the balls to flatten.
- Sprinkle topping on cookies.
- Bakes for 8-10 minutes.
Makes about 2 dozen
For more ideas on how to use Popcorn Powder toppings, check out our recipes!