Meatless Meatballs - Mexican Style
When you think of meatballs, you obviously think of spaghetti. But instead of that same boring recipes, we decided to spice up your ordinary meatball and make it something extraordinary! Not only did we give them some Mexican flare, but we also made them vegetarian! Yup - this yummy dish will have you putting that pasta away the next time you're craving meatballs!
Chipotle Cheddar Meatless Meatballs Recipe:
- 1 lb meatless meat such as Beyond Meat
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Popcorn Powder's Chipotle Cheddar topping
- 2 gloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce + 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Chipotle Cheddar Meatless Meatballs Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place meat and beans in a food processor and pulse until just mixed
- Place in large bowl and add egg, cornmeal, Chipotle Cheddar topping and garlic - mix well.
- Roll small balls about 1 inch in diameter and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan add oil and garlic and cook on medium until fragrant for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chipotle peppers and sauce, corn, oregano and salt and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs and cover
- Continue to simmer on low for 5-10 minutes
Serve over rice
For more ideas on how to use Popcorn Powder, check out our recipes!