Chili for when it's chilly!
Chili must be the most ironic name for a food! Or maybe it was intentional! Because when it gets chilly outside, there's nothing better than eating chili inside! It's the perfect fall or winter meal that's full of yummy and satisfying ingredients. It can even be made vegetarian by excluding the ground beef!
Good for you chili
This chili's got it all - protein, fiber, and lots of vitamin A. Rich in ingredients, this flavorful chili might have you making a double batch to freeze! With the addition of Popcorn Powder's Chipotle Cheddar topping, This spicy chili just got real sweet!
Chipotle Cheddar Chili Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion -diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Popcorn Powder's Chipotle Cheddar topping
- 1 (15 oz) can pureed pumpkin or sweet potato
- 1 (16 oz.) can white beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz.) can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Chipotle Cheddar Chili Directions:
- In a large pot, add diced onion and saute on low until softened (about 5 minutes)
- Add ground beef and garlic
- Separate and stir with wooden spoon until browned (about 5-10 minutes)
- Add spices and continuing stirring.
- Once combined, add broth, crushed tomatoes, Chipotle Cheddar topping, pumpkin/sweet potato and beans. Stir until combined.
- Turn heat up and bring just to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 - 25 minutes.
- Continue stirring throughout
- To serve, scoop chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro, pepper jack cheese and a couple of sprinkles of Chipotle Cheddar seasoning.
Make ahead up to 24 hours and place in fridge. To serve, reheat on low for about 15 minutes.
For more Popcorn Powder ideas and recipes, click here!